Sunday, July 30, 2006

 

Uncle Bill was wrong...

Hello friends.

Just a quick update to inform some of you of the tremendous weekend I have just had. This will be humorous as much as always, but quite possibly a little serious. Hopefully you will be able to tell the two apart.

This weekend I was fortunate enough to be invited to my former House Mate, Bryce's cabin in Minnesota. I made the 9 hour journey with my current roommate Sam. Aside from threating to kill one another, we shared in good discourse as well as tremendous tunes from the radio and Ipod as well.

The first adventure began as we were heading out of Milwaukee on I-94 West. For those of you unfamiliar with 94, it was in fact once a Pirate shipping lane. The ghosts of many spirits are rumored to haunt the highway making it one of the most exciting and yet most dangerous roads you will ever travel. Fortunately we however, did not run into any pirates. We did however, encounter a Tornado. That's right there was a Tornado Warning (Tornado reported spotted on the ground) in Waukesha county just as we were driving through formentioned county.

We didn't see the tornado but it was pretty much zero visibilty.

After that things were pretty unexciting til we tried to cross the Wisconsin/Minnesota border. You see, Minnesota and Wisconsin don't get a long very well. I think it stems from the fact that Minnesota's wife cheated on them with Wisconsin. Either way it gets kind of messy and soap opera-ish.

Well at the border, the Minnesotian mounties (horseless, they were however utilizing large pogo sticks) asked our reason for entering their state. Well to be funny I told the guy, we were planning on stealing the Golden Loon Statue from the State Capital. Well apparently they take that very seriously in Minnesota. They tried to apprehend us. Sam's car may not accelerate as fast as my Jeep, but it can sure out run a pogo stick any day.

We made a quick stop at a gas station to pick out a clever disguise. I went with Sunglasses, Sam chose the more subtle Huricane Katrina refugee. Eitherway we got away. I did however get hit on by the check out girl at the gas station. I think she could tell I was on the lamb or loon as it were as was attracted to my sheer outlaw nature. I got her number on the reciept for the sunglasses. But it's hard to communicate, every time I call a voice just answers "Thank you for calling Citgo, how can I help you?" So we'll see how it goes from there.

We eventually made it safe and sound to Bryce's cabin. It was a great weekend relaxing with friends old and older. It was great to get out of Milwaukee and just be away without a care in the world. I took a lot of time to pray and read.

It was almost a retreat. I learned a lot about myself, about my relationships, about where my faith is, where it is going, and quite possibliy my desitny. It was a truly memorable weekend, one that the effects of will not soon be forgotten. Hopefully the Lord was using this weekend as a way to prepare for the up comming Kyrios weekend.

Also in Minnesota we swam in the lake. There are an alleged 10,000 lakes in Minnesota. I saw 23 of them. Not to mention crossing the Mississippi River 3 times while traveling the SAME direction.

After surviving tornados, mosquitos, and venemous mutant fish, its time to get back to the real world of Spanish class and JFK conspiracy. Hmm. I said this was going to have some humor in it but it was pretty much all the truth. This weekend was pretty mucht the greatest thing ever!

Ladies and Gentlemen take my advice, friends and the relationships you have with them are perhaps one of the greatest gifts God has given us. Remember to make sure you are always friends with Jesus. But never take your friends for granted. Make sure they know how important they are to you. We can have lot's of friends. You can be friends with men, women, beavers, even invisible people. Each one is a special grace God has placed on this earth. It doesn't matter how many friends you have. The greatest gift would be to have one great friend. If you have ONE truly great friend, someone you can tell ANY thing and EVERY thing to, then you are being blessed with a little piece of "Heaven" on earth. I love you all.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?