Tuesday, September 25, 2007

 

Previously on the 4077th Cell Phone...

I have recently decided that this is one of my favorite times of year for television viewing. First the NFL is in full swing every week as are Aaron Morey's biceps. I decided to get that reference out of the way quickly.

So when not watching football games, the rest of the week you can watch ESPN talk about the games for 3 days and then until Sunday they talk about the games that are about to happen. Pretty amazing. It's also quite exciting now because Major Leauge Baseball actually starts to matter at this time of year.

Another reason this is also exciting time is because all the networks are starting to premeire their new fall line up. Whether they be new seasons or new (ring ring ring). Oh sorry, its Mrs. Rudy Guliani, I have to answer this. Hang on a second.................................................................. .....................................................................................................................................................................

Alright as I was saying, whether it be new series or new seasons of old shows, it's a great time to watch TV. I took the liberty to check out a new show called "The Big Bang Theory" on CBS. It was pretty funny actually. I am not sure how long it will last, but I enjoyed. I would recommend Aaron Morey check it out. Then NBC premeired the Second Chapter of "HEROES" which was well worth the wait.

But one of the things I noticed last night was that many of the premeires had limited commercial interuption. We were informed of this fact because all of the shows that had limited commercial interuption were able to be shown in that manner because one company paid for the time that should have been commercials. So I guess the point is that it was a giant commercial for the one company, many of them car companies.

This is where the humor starts, and I know you've been waiting for it. This was a direct ad for Chevy. "The premeire of CSI is brought to you with limited breaks by Chevy."

Now is it just me or is the last thing Chevy should be sponsoring would be anything with "limited breaks"? I hope you can find the humor in that as well. I also hope somebody in the marketing department thought long and hard about that later.

Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, if you advertise that you do battery installations at Wal-Mart, you better darn well make sure your mechanics or technicians are able to remove a battery from an automobile especially if its only to replace a headlight. So really Wal-Mart really has no business being in the automotive care business.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?