Tuesday, October 02, 2007

 

So easy a caveman could do it? Apparently not.

Well here we find ourselves again in the middle of the big fall premeire week on network television. Tonight I found myself taking in ABC's new fall lineup. The highlight of this evening's lineup was the results show of Dancing with the Stars. Thats not what I watched. I did however watch the premeire of the new series "Cavemen" based on nothing other than the Geico car insurance ads. Based on nothing is pretty much a good way of describing the show. So ill give my little opinion. Okay here we go again.

Okay Go? That song was on two different shows today as I was channel surfing. I think music directors should keep looking. Granted it is a pretty cool song.

Anyways Cavemen seems to have filmed 6 episodes already, and my guess is that no more episodes will be made. Unfortunately the show really didn't go anywhere. Nor did it mention Geico. I was in fact expecting it to be one long advertisement.

The basis of the show is that cavemen have co-existed with humans all throughout history. Apparently I missed that one. As humanity evolved, cavemen apparently became more sophisticated and not to mention more snobish.

The plot of tonight's premeire centered around how a caveman who had a girlfriend who was not a caveman, she was a homo sapien, or sape as the characters called it. The drama came from when the one caveman's roommate was very closed minded about apparently "interspecies" dating. Which I guess if I had to form an actual opinion about, I would have some questions about as well. The main caveman had a brother who recently had his heart broken. The brother caveman is played by SUPERMAN RETURNS Jimmy Olson. If that description of characters was confusing for you, than your keeping up with the show pretty well. All 3 cavemen looked pretty much exactly alike, and you never really caught their names that well. Maybe it was just me.

This was the first show in ABC's make it a "Man date" lineup. Cavemen was followed up by Carpoolers. 4 pretty weird men who car pool together and how their lives interact. It had its funny moments but it was hard to tell how serious they were taking it. I guess they were sort of trying to pull off the success of other such concept shows such as SURVIVOR?

I don't know both of the the shows were somewhat enjoyable. Just neither of them really went anywhere. Maybe if their had been a laugh track it would have been more enjoyable.

Speaking of not going anywhere, anybody catch the Chicago Bears performance this past Sunday amazing. I am pretty sure their WAS a laugh track associated with that.

Speaking of fake laughter, I figured out exactly what it is that I don't like about Hillary Clinton. She may in fact be the Wicked Witch from the Wizzard of Oz. Take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPcqy0pvdsI

So she may also be stoned off her rocker almost all the time. Or maybe someone is tickleing her? I am not sure.

So this has been a fairly negative blog, lets find some positiveness. There was a highlight during Cavemen, it was a Snickers commercial featuring a Pilgrim and a Viking at a gas station. The pilgrim walked out and told the Viking that they didn't have any Snickers left. The Viking, erupts in a rage out of not having a snickers bar, that he picks up a garbage can and hurls it at a parked car. The pilgrim than tells him he instead bought a new candy bar, Snickers dark chocolate. The Viking then lets out a more joyous grunt as before and then picks up a garbage can and hurls it at the same parked car out of pure elation of getting a snickers bar. The best part about this commercial is that a pilgrim and a viking are hanging out in a car and no one mentions it. IF you ask me, this might make a pretty good television series someday. We'll have to look into it.

Ladies and gentlemen take my advice, when constructing an ultimate battle weapon a so called Death Star, as it were, make sure that you are keeping a close eye on everyone involved in the construction. Otherwise you may find the whole thing becomes vulnerable to one tiny insignificant X-Wing class fighter and its two meesley proton torpedoes.

PS: Aaron Morey (I forgot to mention him in the actual content of this entry so I hope this makes up for it)

Comments:
I understand the Death Star metaphor, but I'm not sure what the X-Wing and proton torpedoes represent.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?